Today there are over 200 Community Partner organizations in more than 400 locations throughout the state using
HEAplus to help Arizonans apply online for AHCCCS Health Insurance, Nutrition Assistance (formerly Food Stamps) and TANF Cash Assistance.
Application assistors from these organizations complete HEAplus applications during an interactive interview with the customer.
The customer only needs to sign the application at the end.
With improved access to electronic data sources, HEAplus is often able to verify much of the information that is needed for an eligibility decision.
When electronic sources do not verify all information needed, assistors can help customers submit documents to their HEAplus application electronically.
Assistors can track the progress of the application and help their customers throughout the application process.
Here are the steps involved in becoming a HEAplus Community Partner:
1. Submit a HEAplus Community Partner Application
form telling us about your organization and how you would like to use HEAplus. Each organization must have a HEAplus Site Administrator who will control access to the system by your staff. You will need to identify this person on the application form.
o (HEAplus Community Partner Application Form )
2. Sign a HEAplus Community Partner Agreement with AHCCCS: After we receive your information, we will draft the agreement for your signature and send it to you by e-mail.
3. User Application Forms: User application forms are required from both the organization and each individual user before account access is approved in the HEAplus system. Links to information about submitting these forms and the required forms are available below.
o (Information About HEAplus User Application Forms )
o (Organization User Application Form )
o (Individual User Application forms )
4. Initial System Access: The following items must be received from your organization and processed before your organization can start using HEAplus:
o A signed HEAplus Community Partner Agreement
o User Application forms
5. Complete Training: The Health-e-Arizona Training Team offers initial and ongoing training to your staff. HEAplus training is provided through e-learning and web conferences. Ongoing training opportunities are available monthly.
For more information, please contact an AHCCCS representative at HEAAHCCCS@azahcccs.gov.
Not sure what to apply for? Screening tools can help you find out the programs you qualifzz for and how to apply.
If you switch to the Hospital Presumptive Eligibility (HPE) at this point, you will NOT be able to use this
application to submit as a full AHCCCS application. You will need to ensure that a full AHCCCS application
is submitted later, if the HPE application is approved.
Select ‘Return to Full Application’ to continue the full AHCCCS application. You will have an opportunity
to also submit a HPE application at the end of the full application process.
Select ‘Continue with HPE’ to apply ONLY for Hospital Presumptive Eligibility.
This application includes Nutrition Assistance and/or Cash Assistance.
You will not be able to help your customer apply for these programs
on this application if you choose to go to the Hospital Presumptive
Eligibility (HPE) application.
Select ‘Return to Full Application” to continue applying for all programs.
Select ‘Continue with HPE’ to apply for ONLY Hospital Presumptive Eligibility. You will need to create
another application if your customer wants to apply for Nutrition Assistance or Cash Assistance.
HPE is only available to persons who have not had HPE in the past 24 months.
Hospital Presumptive Eligibility (HPE) is not available to persons who are age 65
or older when there are no minor children in the household.
Hospital Presumptive Eligibility (HPE) is not available to persons who are
receiving Medicare unless there are minor children in the household.
To continue this application for all persons in this application,
click on the “Return to Full Application” button.
To continue applying for HPE for the other persons in this application, click on
the “Continue HPE for Other Persons” button.
Click “OK” to return to the full application.